Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Basic Boat Wiring Diagrams

Christmas dinner, boating version

26 / 12 - gg18 - 11'39'N, 52'29'W, 540 miles from Grenada


Christmas meal was surprisingly tasty, and very British. Included: chicken wrapped in bacon, with a sauce that I did not understand, meatballs, sausage, rice and vegetables for a side dish. Since 4 years I do not make such a meal of meat, and in fact I really did it difficult to digest. I liked it, although I seem to have missed that much, not eating meat in recent years. After dinner we were on the bridge, I was at the helm, in turn, with my ipod, while the others played cards. Definitely a very different Christmas, I'll remember forever. Meanwhile we continue to dig through miles at a rate of 200 per day, and so we should arrive Tuesday morning. The thing I like, I think that what this experience could give, gave it.

The two favorite moments of the day, the long talks that I do with Walter and Georgie. At about 18, when the sun hits the most, and is shielded from the spinnaker, I sit in the cockpit while he timoneggia and begin to talk. Speeches often deep and personal. I like to listen, to hear him speak of his climbs in the mountains of Trentino, on Chinese medicine and shiatsu, on his travels in the desert where he went alone, to fast, it's really a special person. Walter intelligence combines practice, physical (it is able to fix things, "feel" the wind, knows how to move in nature) with a wisdom that comes from real life: sometimes we talk too much philosophy, and its point of view is always interesting. Soprano I find this not only depth of perspective, but also expressive capacity, in a boy this has almost no study, it was stopped at the third media.

With Georgie chat instead more light in the second Part of my shift, from 22 to midnight. She goes up into the cockpit and asks me if I feel like some tea, and I always answer yes. She prepares them, after which they sit and chat while I timoneggio. He tells me of his life twenty-four English, as he left a pretty normal life in London and moved on Nimrod, the things she likes and does not like. I tell her of my travels and my esperienze. É una bella condivisione, e mai noiosa, anche se ormai sono 18 sere che chiacchieriamo. 

Peccato che invece gli altri sono piuttosto chiusi, o forse hanno poco da raccontare. Comunque, va bene cosi. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment